The Open Door was founded in 1976 as a non-profit society. Our mission is “to Empower Single Mothers through Emotional, Physical and Spiritual Support.” Currently, our programs run from September to June.
- Friendship and understanding.
- Workshops and guest speakers in areas such as parenting, nutrition, finances and careers.
- Facilitates access to appropriate community resources.
- Provides a safe and loving environment to share and learn.
- A break from the relentless demands of parenting through the provision of free licensed child minding.
- A nutritious meal for both mothers and children.
- Access to groceries, clothing and other necessities when available.
- Non-judgemental love and acceptance of mothers and children.
- Optional Bible studies provide opportunity to explore faith.